Saturday, May 15, 2010

a wolves tale - Part two

“Miss. Evans, my office now…” was what met me when I finally dragged myself into work. I checked my watch for the hundred time since I left my house that morning, “Its only two minutes after nine” I grumbled to myself. This morning was not working wonders on my already strained mood. I need to change and change soon I thought feeling my skin itching. I need to run and work this tension out before I end up changing in front of someone and scaring the crap out of them. I passed a mirror and saw my normally dark brown eyes were now glowing gold around the edges. Yep left it too long this time I thought shaking my head. My father is going to kill me. Not that our relationship is the best as it is but this will really be the icing on the cake if I go and kill someone today.

My father Manion is the Alpha male of our small pack. The leader and altogether tough guy. He has a grudge against woman, feels they are not as strong as the males and should not be thinking of doing more then running when the full moon is out. Were-housewives was all he thought of them. Cook and clean and look after the males. Of course many of the females agreed with this, including my step mother. But i am certainly not the simpering woe is me female type and cannot stand how the woman let the men take over their lives. Thank god for Jason, Sam and Hunter I thought as I placed my bag in the small drawer of my desk and locked it there. They understood that woman were worth more. Or maybe because I had managed to win many wrestling fights with them several times.

Smiling to myself I tapped on Andy’s door and went in when he shouted “Get your ass in here Evans I haven’t got all day”.

As she stepped into his office and turned to close the door Andy’s eyes skimmed over her pale and slender body. Her long dark brown hair softly falling mid way down her back. He noticed appreciatively that she was wearing black skinny jeans that skimmed neatly over the curves of her hips and bottom pushed upward by the height of the black heels she wore beneath. Over this she wore a deep purple smock tied at the back by a lavender sash. So the fabric hugged to her slender waist most provocatively. Damn this woman was made to break men’s hearts, or even to cause them major discomfort, he thought as he adjusted the way he sat. Lucky there’s a desk here or she would be getting more then a surprise this morning. He quickly averted his eyes as she turned around and began to shuffle the papers before him.

“Take a seat” he growled.

“Sir, I’m so sorry my mind has just been elsewhere this week. I wont be late again I will make sure of it…” I began as I sat directly before him.

“Save it for someone who cares Evans” he interrupted. “I didn’t call you in to complain to you about time keeping that is a job for human resources, I couldn't give a shit what you do so long as you produce the work”

“yes sir” I mumbled.

“I was just reading your article on the Stevens murder case and I must say I’m quite impressed. I haven’t seen writing from a twenty five year old like this…since well myself” he said smugly.

I shifted in my chair no longer sitting hunched up as if I feared he would fly across the room and grab me by the neck. Instead I now sat tall and confident.

“Well I…I’m glad you liked it sir I did spend a good deal of time writing and researching it…the case was an interesting one as you well know. I nearly jumped at the prospect of getting to write about it. Which I must thank you for…” I replied

“Well I wouldn’t be thanking me yet Evens” he replied throwing the paper across the desk to her. “Have these changes done to it and on my desk in an hour” he barked.

I looked down to see the page filled with red marks and notes. “and you are sitting here still?” he growled as I made no effort to move. My eyes flashed gold in anger and I fought to control my emotions. Finally I stood and walked to the door. “Yes sir” I replied “one hour”.

If it wasn’t for the fact that this job at the Daily journal was the best opportunity for me to get out there and show people what I could do I would be telling him exactly where he could shove his red pen I thought as I made my way to my desk. Where does he get off treating people like that. He is only thirty-five himself, only two years into the editors job, but damn is he kind of hot. I sighed and switched on my computer and began to type the changes….(to be continued)

Freya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts, please leave a comment :)