Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The meeting of strangers.....Part 1

Well we weren’t strangers…..not really. The only part of our beings that were strangers at this point were our bodies. As strange to one another as water is to the desert but in my heart I knew him. I knew his dreams. I knew everything about his life and best of all I knew how he felt about me. Our relationship was not a conventional one to say the least but I believed it was almost the perfect way to meet someone. The relationship I speak about of course was one of an online nature.

Why did I create a relationship like this you may ask? Well I didn't go looking for it I suppose you could say it just found me…HE just found me in more ways then one. It was like two lost souls meeting on the way to where ever spirits fly to when all hope has been lost. Both lonely….both giving up on the hope of finding someone just like the other, the other half and missing piece of one another.

In the dim and busy chat room his name caught my eye and made me laugh and just as I clicked on it to message him I received a message from him. It was almost as if fate was intervening then….pushing us closer to each other. But fate can have a funny sense of humor as his answer to where he was from was thousands of miles away. I shrugged at this as it wasn't in my mind to find a romantic relationship I was just in search of someone to help pass the time during a cold winters eve in the middle of December. We talked about a lot of things that night and four hours later, the swapping of emails, a pain in my side and ache in my jaw from laughter we said goodbye.

Over the next few weeks we got to know one another and found we both had the same passions in art, music, literature and life. Of course there were times when we would disagree and argue and he would usually win leaving me feeling a little frustrated but also excited in a way….his dominating personality intrigued me.

But then one evening two months after our first online meeting our conversations took a turn in a direction that left me breathless with need for him. It was him who initiated the topic. He challenged me to reveal my deepest darkest fantasy. Of course our conversation had been centered on revealing truths of one another and I guess it was inevitable that something even more personal then questions such as what food we love would come up. But I was surprised. I replied jokingly that I couldn't possibly reveal something like that. But he pushed harder, he fully challenged me telling me what harm can it be to reveal a small part of your brain? Unless of course you fear yourself. I do not fear myself I countered. Then prove it he wrote back. My heart pounded as I began to write but as he saw the hesitation in my typing he wrote back…no not that one. Look deeper. My eyes widened at his words. How could he have known I was typing out one of the more vanilla fantasies in my mind? I took a breath and deleted my previously written words and began to type the fantasy that had plagued me for years it seemed. But never manifested in my love life due to many reasons such as the taboo attached to it in a Christian society.

Comments are welcome!

As always let your imagination soar,

Freya xx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its so very strange. You wait your whole life for something to happen and then when you least expect it to, it does! Life is full of mysteries and surprises and even though it may get hard sometimes they always make up for any disappointments.

    Freya xx

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts, please leave a comment :)