Thursday, March 4, 2010

Over the edge

My heart soars through open air,
My mind wanders without a care, 
Little by little I fall to my knees,
My breath leaving lungs as they squeeze and they squeeze.

They said it was easy but little did I know,
The pain didn't go but it managed to grow,
Time moved faster at each faltering step,
Close to the edge as I took my last breath.

But somehow you found me at that moment of need,
You spoke softly in a voice that made me take heed,
Turning at that last second you saved you know?
There's no way to thank you except to let these words flow.

I don't know your name or where you call home,
But you made me feel for that moment I wasn't so alone.



Another random put together of words. So many people decide to take their lives and sometimes just need that one person to stop them and make them think for a second that no this isn't the answer. That was the theme of this poem I hope you enjoyed it. More light hearted themes next time my mood is somehow brooding at the moment and that was the result!

Freya xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts, please leave a comment :)